Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First day of Preschool

Jaren started preschool yesterday. He will go 2 afternoons a week at the high school for their Child Development class. He has been so excited to go. He can be very shy though, and I was worried that he wouldn't want me to leave. We got ready, packed his snack and juice in a lunch box, got his backpack and away we went.
I was preparing myself for drama and crying and pulling a clinging child off of me. We went in and he found his cubby, hung up his backpack, and reached up to hug me. I picked him up and hugged and kissed him, and set him down. He said goodbye to Jaxon and walked right in...without looking back. I just stood there thinking, "That's it??" I got a little teary. I stood there not knowing what to do. After a while, I thought, "OK" and Jaxon and I left. I guess I should be happy that he went with out the drama.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to treasure these entries in a few years - it goes by way to fast. I think pre-school and kindergarten are preparation steps for the MTC - and a very similar experience! You are an awsome MOM!

    ReplyDelete